In a modern society, with all its deadlines, rules and expectations, we will inevitably come across the angry boss or workmate.Unfortunately we do not have the luxury of picking who we work with, leaving us upon to manipulation and abuse. Does your boss exhibit any of the following traits?
- A grandiose sense of self, their uniqueness, and importance
- Preoccupation with fantasies of unlimited success, power, and brilliance, without any thoughts for others as they attempt to fulfill these dreams
- Exhibitionism requiring constant attention and admiration
- Cool indifference to any forms of criticism, resulting in an uncontrolled rage, shaming or humiliation of others.
- A sense of entitlement, interpersonal exploitation of others and a lack of understanding and empathy.
If your Boss shows any of these signs you may be dealing with a narcissist, who is hypervigilant, paranoid and untrustworthy, treating people as objects to fulfill his needs and supply. We need to keep a careful track and monitor their actions and behaviours, as they may flip on a dime, creating unease, discomfort, and chaos in a working environment. Do you feel intimidated, like you are walking on eggshells constantly changing your behaviour to accommodate or avoid the rage of your boss?. At Amida life coach we can help you to understand the dynamics and emotions of such a person, as we introduce tools and techniques to support you, increasing your awareness around yourself and how to set boundaries